Monday, May 10, 2010

The history of Abercrombie and Fitch Co.

On June 4, 1892, I founded Abercrombie Company as a small waterfront outdoors shop at No.36 South Street in downtown Manhattan New York, where wealthy New York lawyer Ezra Fitch was one of my regular customers. In 1900, Fitch bought a share into the successfully growing Abercrombie Company. In 1904, it was associated and renamed "Abercrombie & Fitch Co." I later entered into disputes with Ezra Fitch over Fitch's visions of expanding the Company to appeal to the general public, as Abercrombie sought to maintain the Company's standing as an elite store. After many years of conflict, I left the company in 1907, selling my share of it to Fitch, who continued the Company under his own management and liking.







No comments:

Post a Comment